& Rehabilitation Center
Located just 1.5 miles from downtown Naperville, Community Nursing & Rehabilitation Center offers the best of both worlds – quality care provided in a professional, yet home-like atmosphere.
Our 153-bed sub-acute facility specializes in short-term rehabilitation services and clinically complex medical care. Whether your stay is to recover from a recent hospitalization, surgery, an illness or injury, Community Nursing & Rehabilitation Center’s interdisciplinary team of physicians, therapists, licensed professional nurses, social workers, therapeutic recreational therapists and dietary staff provides comprehensive services to enhance maximal recovery and independence.
Dedicated Short-Term Rehab Unit
Our newly remodeled, dedicated rehab unit, “Homeward Bound,” offers first class amenities for short-term patient stays. The Homeward Bound unit has a separate entrance and outdoor patio area as well as separate dining and socialization areas. We include private rooms complete with flat screen TV, free satellite television service with daily feature film channel, new state-of-the-art electric beds and wireless internet (WiFi) capabilities in individual rooms. Other amenities include complimentary computers with e-mail access, telephone accessibility, restaurant-style fine dining with menu choices, additional lounge areas for conversation or relaxation, hair salon and a general store.
Rehabilitation means reshaping lives and restoring lost abilities to maintain a healthy quality of life. Our rehabilitation services include Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. The philosophy of our therapy team is to provide clinically-driven care focused on patient outcomes and to deliver the appropriate intensity and duration of services based on patient need to include:
- Comprehensive assessment & evaluation of patient abilities and limitations
- Development of personalized treatment plans
- Full rehab scope from brief intervention to intensive, daily multi-disciplinary care
- Services provided up to 7 days per week
- Physician directed rehabilitation services through regular visits by a physiatrist
- Rehab team leadership from a full-time skilled program manager
- One-on-one therapy
- Evidence-based treatment programs
- Patient and/or family education
- Discharge treatment and exercise plans
- Appropriate home evaluation prior to discharge to ensure optimum safety and transition
Complex Medical Care
Working closely under the direction of, and in partnership with area attending physicians, our highly skilled nursing staff provides care and services that respond to the total well-being of each individual we serve. Our nursing team members maintain a personal, individually tailored approach to treatment and care with immediate response to changing conditions as well as 24-hour care to meet all aspects of ongoing needs.
Community Nursing & Rehabilitation Center provides a broad range of specialized nursing services and complex medical care including, but not limited to:
- Skilled Nursing Care – nursing care provided 24 hours per day by Registered Nurses.
- Medication Management – our professional nurses, RN’s and LPN’s, follow the highest quality of standards in administering medication as ordered by the physician.
- Pain Management – our Pain Management Program includes assessment, intervention and educational components that address both acute and chronic pain to optimize pain relief in order to improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Complex Wound Care/Management – our Wound Management Program is led by a vascular surgeon in collaboration with our full-time certified wound nurse who coordinates and manages the efforts of the wound care team. We admit and treat decubitus ulcers ranging from Stage I to Stage IV as well as post surgical wounds, diabetic wounds, burn care, stasis ulcers, venous or arterial wounds and dermatological services.
- Infusion Therapy – our 24-hour infusion program has been developed to meet the needs of most every patient. Benefits of the program may include hydration to help restore body fluids, IV antibiotic administration, pain management drugs and nutritional support.
- TPN, G-Tube and J-Tubes – we accept admissions of patients on Total Parenteral Nutrition and with Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy Tubes for nutritional feedings, supplemental feedings and/or medications or for maintenance.
- Respiratory Care – we provide a variety of respiratory care services under the direction of the physician and respiratory therapist. Services include oxygen therapy, respiratory (nebulizer) treatments, Pulse Oximetry monitoring and Tracheotomy care.
Those in need of hemo-dialysis as a service secondary to rehabilitation will find their needs well met while at our facility. Our Nephrologist directed, RN managed, dedicated dialysis unit provides dialysis treatments which meet or exceed state and federal regulations and the standards of dialysis facilities in our area.
Evidence-based benefits of our in-house dialysis program include, but are not limited to:
- Better results due to close monitoring of diet, fluid intake and medications
- Reduced dialysis access infection rate
- Lower re-hospitalization rate
- Dialysis treatments coordinated around therapy sessions to enhance therapy participation leading to a shorter rehab stay
- Increased quality of life
Our mission is to create lasting relationships with our community by:
- Acknowledging those we serve as individuals
- Commitment to service
- Taking pride in a job well done
Our successful outcomes and testimonials offer proven results of
“helping you get back to life.”
“I REALLY APPRECIATED THAT THE THERAPIST ALLOWED ME TO SET MY OWN PACE WHICH MOTIVATED ME TO WORK EVEN HARDER”
“I needed therapy and dialysis after my hospital stay so I decided to come to Community Rehab Center and I’m so glad I did. Everyone here has been wonderful to me.”
“The therapy program was great. I enjoyed the diathermy treatments because it helped with my pain and allowed me to do more exercises.”
I’m looking forward to getting back home to my own bed and being more active again.”
~words from recent rehab guest
“THE THERAPY WAS VERY GOOD. THE THERAPIST MADE IT FUN AND MOTIVATED ME TO DO EVEN MORE. I REALLY LIKED THE TREADMILL AND GOT UP TO 20 MINUTES!”
“I decided to come to Community Rehab Center because of the private rooms. The therapy was very good and all the staff here are great. My cancer is gone now and I’m going back to my life.”
“I have not been home in almost 5 months so I’m looking forward to getting back to my daily routines. I’m planning on going on a trip to Georgia to visit my family and can’t wait!”
~words from recent rehab guest
“AFTER MY HEART SURGERY I THOUGHT I WOULD BE OKAY TO GO HOME BUT I FEEL STRONGER NOW THAT I CAME HERE FOR THERAPY.”
“Therapy services here are very good. The program director and physical therapist were fabulous! They explained what and why I needed to do the exercise and that helped me with my recovery.”
“I feel more confident going home now and look forward to cooking, my own bed and enjoying my back yard again.”
~words from recent rehab guest
For more information, make a referral or to schedule a personalized tour,
please call us at 630-355-3300.